For Bridgwater One we will need about 25 volunteers.
Whatever their role, volunteers will have the privilege of working with great young people and showing them God’s love through all they do.
Those interested in volunteering should contact an Overall Leader.
All leaders must have a valid Enhanced DBS Disclosure and two references, including one from their current church leader. All leaders will need to attend a team day in October 2019 to ensure they are fully briefed and ready to serve.
What’s expected of leaders
The personal qualities we expect from all our leaders are based on what the Bible teaches about the characteristics that Christian leaders should embody and demonstrate. Leaders should:
- Accept Jesus as their personal Saviour and be willing to share their faith
- Accept the authority of the Bible as the Word of God
- Relate well to children and young people
- Be prepared to work hard and practise servant leadership
- Be prepared to work as part of a team and give loyalty to overall leaders
- Regularly attend a Christian place of worship
- Be of good Christian conduct and follow biblical teaching in relation to money, sex etc
Leading at Bridgwater is a fulfilling and rewarding area of Christian service. Come prepared to give lots of yourself – and expect to receive lots from God too as you take part in His work.
Being a leader at Bridgwater will be great fun and an amazing experience! Of course it will be tiring, and you’ll need to sacrifice personal time and space; but it’s a fantastic opportunity to be involved in changing the lives of young people, form life-long friendships, challenge yourself with new activities and be refreshed, renewed and inspired in your own faith.
How can you get the balance right and make sure you survive to the end of the holiday? The key is to remember that you’re in a team – several teams really. Other leaders on site will support you in practical ways and pray for you too. If you’re feeling under pressure do share with others in your area of the holiday – they will be sympathetic and will find ways to help.