- Look after the children of leaders to enable their parents to be free to work with members
To do what exactly?
- Provide childcare at agreed times
- Provide additional care when required for children whose parents are otherwise engaged, eg on activities or in emergency situations
- Ensure safety and risk assessment policies are applied at all times
- Liaise with parents over the particular needs of their children
Special Responsibilities of Childcare Co-ordinator
- Plan and prepare the childcare programme and timetable, to ensure appropriate spiritual content that links to the overall programme, and fun age-appropriate activities.
- Ensure the childcare room is decorated appropriately, so the environment is fun and welcoming for the children
- Have contact with parents in advance of Bridgwater
- Give operational and spiritual leadership and support to members of your team
- Childcare is an important part of Bridgwater life, providing a service from which everyone on site benefits
- Your relationships with God, the children you are caring for, the members and other leaders will have an effect on camp
And for everyone
- Your relationship with God will be really important as you serve Him and other people at Bridgwater
- Look out for the needs of others and try to care for members and leaders with practical, emotional and prayer support
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:10
What’s expected of leaders
The personal qualities we expect from all our leaders are based on what the Bible teaches about the characteristics that Christian leaders should embody and demonstrate. Leaders should:
- Accept Jesus as their personal Saviour and be willing to share their faith
- Accept the authority of the Bible as the Word of God
- Relate well to children and young people
- Be prepared to work hard and practise servant leadership
- Be prepared to work as part of a team and give loyalty to overall leaders
- Regularly attend a Christian place of worship
- Be of good Christian conduct and follow biblical teaching in relation to money, sex etc
Leading at Bridgwater is a fulfilling and rewarding area of Christian service. Come prepared to give lots of yourself – and expect to receive lots from God too as you take part in His work.
Being a leader at Bridgwater will be great fun and an amazing experience! Of course it will be tiring, and you’ll need to sacrifice personal time and space; but it’s a fantastic opportunity to be involved in changing the lives of young people, form life-long friendships, challenge yourself with new activities and be refreshed, renewed and inspired in your own faith.
How can you get the balance right and make sure you survive to the end of the holiday? The key is to remember that you’re in a team – several teams really. Other leaders on site will support you in practical ways and pray for you too. If you’re feeling under pressure do share with others in your area of the holiday – they will be sympathetic and will find ways to help.